B.E. Robotics & Automation – Research & Development
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Work in progress with industries to establish research partnership in the area of Artificial Intelligence domain includes Robotics and Automation
RESEARCH PUBLICATIONS – JOURNALS
- Praveen, R, Koteswara Rao, SR, Damodaram, R & Suresh Kumar, S. “Numerical and experimental investigations on the effect of target thickness and solution treatment on the ballistic behaviour of AA7075 thick plates”, Proc. Institution Mechanical Engineers, Part C: J. Mech. Eng. Sci., 236 (7) (2022), pp. 3530-3545.
- Praveen, R, Koteswara Rao, SR, Saurabh Kumar, & Suresh Kumar, S. “Optimization of target thickness and investigation on the effect of heat treatment on the ballistic performance of aluminium alloy 7075 targets against hard steel core projectile”, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part L: Journal of Materials: Design and Applications, 2022, pp. 1-13. DOI:10.1177/14644207221105365.
- Praveen, S. R. Koteswara Rao, G. Selvakumar & R. Damodaram. “High-velocity projectile impact behaviour on friction stir welded AA7075 thick plates”, Defence Technology, 2023. DOI: 10.1016/j.dt.2023.02.019.
- Rajesh babu, R. Sasidharan, R. Praveen & G. Rajakumar. “Microstructural Evolution and Mechanical Properties of Borated Stainless Steel (304B) GTA, EB and FS Welds”, Archives of metallurgy and materials. (Status: Under review)
- Gowthama Krishnan, V. Pugalendhi, R. Praveen & S. Ram Prakash.”Renewable diethyl ether fuelled off-road CI engine for sustainable transportation: An experimental approach”, Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects. (Status: Under review)
- Denny Jacob, R. Praveen, S.R. Koteswara Rao & T. Rajesh babu. “Effect of intermetallic layer thickness on the tensile properties of dissimilar joints made on naval grade HSLA steel and AA5083: GMA, CMT, FSP, and FSW welding processes”, Archives of metallurgy and materials. (Status: Under review)
- Praveen, R, Koteswara Rao, SR, Saurabh S Kumar & Rajesh Babu, T. “Numerical evaluation of ballistic limit velocity and the experimental ballistic response of 25 mm thick aluminium 7075 alloy targets”, Materials Today: Proceedings., 62(2), 2022, pp. 523-529.
- Praveen, R & Achudhan, M. “Optimization of jute composite as a noise retardant material”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2014; 9(22); 7627-7632.
- Praveen, R & Vivek, S. “Experimental Study on Macroscopic spray characteristics in a direct injection Diesel engine”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research. 2014; 9(22); 7633-7637.
- Praveen, R & Natarajan, S. “Experimental study of selective catalytic reduction system on CI engine fuelled with diesel-ethanol blend for NOx reduction with injection of urea solutions”, International Journal of Engineering and Technology. 2014; 975(4024); 895-904.
- Suresh Kumar, R. Praveen & S. R. Koteswara Rao. “Numerical Fracture Toughness Evaluation of SS316L CT Specimens Using an Elastic Plastic Fracture Mechanics (EPFM) Approach”, Materials Today: Proceedings. 2023 (Accepted)
- Ramesh Arwin, Sunil Abraham, R. Praveen & S. Ram Prakash. “Reinforcement of SiC particles on Friction Stir Processing of Aluminium Alloy 7050”, Materials Today: Proceedings. 2023 (Accepted)
- MGS Ram Varma, Venkadeshwaran, R. Praveen & S. Ram Prakash. “Review on Mechanical properties and Microstructural Evaluation of Dissimilar Friction Stir Welds of Aluminium Alloys”, Materials Today: Proceedings. 2023 (Accepted)
- Priyanka, A. Vincy Lumina & Shankar Narayana. “An Automated Smart Zebra Crossing Control System using ARDUINO”, Engineering Proceedings. 2023(Accepted)
PEER GROUP PROJECTS
- An automated door opening system.
- Self-balancing Robot
- IoT based Health monitoring system
- IoT enabled Smart Village
Memorandum of Understanding is signed between the department and the industry to encourage expert talks from industry professionals, to help students visit the industry and get a real-world experience, to instigate students’ interests in core related works, to help and guide the students for Internship and placements.