- About IQAC
- Minutes of IQAC
- Academic Calendar
- Student Satisfaction Survey
- Policy Document
IQAC Policy applies to all staff working in Karpaga Vinayaga College of Engineering and Technology and involved in curriculum delivery and/or assessment.
The purpose of IQAC is to:
• Support the continued development of academic work culture which is transparent and responsive, especially, to students.
• Establish and maintain quality systems and procedures which enable us to rigorously evaluate our strengths and weaknesses and respond effectively to improve.
• To support collaboration and sharing and be accountable to our stakeholders.
• Continually improve the quality of the student experience and our service to employers by monitoring, reviewing, developing and enhancing standards of learning, teaching and assessment.
• Provide mechanisms for our students, employers and other stakeholders to express their views, and provide feedback and participate in decision making.
• Develop and set standards and targets for all areas of activity.
• Encourage the involvement of all members of the college in the review of performance, the maintenance of high standards and the setting and achieving of quality improvement targets.
• Achieve recognition for our performance standards through accreditation and commitment to national quality systems, such as NAAC, NBA and NIRF
• Operate within the context of a coherent and transparent planning and quality assurance and enhancement cycle.
• Ensure that staffs in all areas of activity connected with learner and employer experience aspire to excellence and develop the skills to respond effectively to the challenges of self-assessment, analysis and continuous improvement.
Vision of IQAC
To ensure and enhance quality in teaching-learning, research, and outreach activities enabling the institution to achieve excellence
Mission of IQAC
To monitor & improve Key Performance Indicators
Research & Innovation
Industry Institute Interaction
To create globally competent and ethical professionals and meet the emerging needs of the industries and society through,
Innovations in teaching and learning for enhancement of student potential
Applied research in terms of quality publications, patents & sponsored projects
Industry interaction for experiential learning & consultancy activities for students and faculty
Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Start-up
Outreach activities for community development
Continual improvement of Quality Management System
Objectives of IQAC
To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution
To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Functions of IQAC:
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is established to develop a mechanism for systematic reviews of study programs, and to ensure quality teaching-learning, research, knowledge generation and support services.
We at KVCET are committed to excellence and innovation in learning, teaching, and research and continuously strive to improve its learning environment and update its curriculum. With clear vision, mission, goals, and strategic planning, we work for continuous improvement based on measured attainment of program outcomes. The Outcome Based Education provided by KVCET is student centric that focuses on measuring student performance i.e. outcomes, which includes- application of knowledge, skills and attitudes.
The IQAC assures the stakeholders - students, faculty, administrative staff, Alumni and society in general - of the accountability and transparency in the quality management system of the institution. IQAC is actively involved in the following functions.
a) Development and application of quality benchmarks
b) Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
c) Securing NBA accreditation/reaccreditation to all eligible programmes
d) Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and evolution of faculty to adopt the requisite knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
e) Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
f) Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders;
g) Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes;
h) Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
i) Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
j) Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
k) Annual review on the achievements in terms of Strategic Plan – performance targets set and recommending appropriate revisions of strategies / targets.
l) Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
m) Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC.
n) Organize programmes for capability building on teaching pedagogy, OBE and awareness on NEP, NPTEL like initiatives.
Composition of IQAC The composition of the IQAC is as recommended by NAAC:
1. Chairperson: Head of the Institution
2. Teachers to represent all level (Three to eight)
3. One member from the Management
4. Few Senior administrative officers
5. One nominee each from local society, Students and Alumni
6. One nominee each from Employers /Industrialists/Stakeholders
7. One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC
Term and office of the IQAC members:
• The membership of such nominated members shall be for a period of three years.
• The IQAC should meet at least twice in an academic year.
• The minutes of the meetings and action taken reports are documented periodically.
Internal l Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) - Composition
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Minutes of Meeting - 2022-2023
Minutes of Meeting - 2021-2022
Minutes of Meeting - 2020-2021
Minutes of Meeting - 2019-2020
Minutes of Meeting - 2018-2019
Institutional Information for Quality Assessment (IIQA)