B.E. ECE – Research & Development
Research & Development
Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has applied various proposals Funding agencies for Workshop, conferences and Seminars to the following Government agencies CSIR, ISRO, AICTE,Anna University,DST-SERB and INSA,
Various Funded Programmes Organized
Received sum of Rs.1.5 lakhs for Two Faculty Development Training Program from ANNA UNIVERSITY, Chennai. (Communication Theory, Signals & Systems)
Students are encouraged to engage in peer projects which will be conducted yearly once. This encourages the students to imply their practical project interest from second year and also provides a pre hands on training about their future product development.Students are also made to engage in mini projects where they can initially build a basic platform for their product development. Some peer Group projects are listed here,
Efficient Dye Sensitized solar cells for the development of a new renewable energy sources.
Acrylic Prosthetic Limb using EMG signal
RFMEMS switch for an X-band by using circular plated MEMS varactor anchored with curvature spring
PAPR reduction of HACO-OFDM using optical wireless communication
Design of VLSI based 64-point pipelined FFT using mixed Radix2 and Radix4 with combined SDF-MDC”.
Low cost disaggregation of smart meter sensor data
Dual arm bore well rescue robot using embedded system
Autonomous Control and Implementation of Robot to climb coconut trees and harvesting coconuts.
Bomb Diffusing Robot Interfacing with Signal Jammer.
Low power reversible parallel binary adder/ subtractor
Efficient energy of Mimo network interface in mobile system
Power generation from Railway track using piezo Electric sensor Slot allocation and reservation for parking using Iot.
Design of a balanced dipole antenna for wireless platform
Design of error detection and data recovery architecture for motion estimation testing applications
VHDL implementation of 8 point FFT/IFFT processor
Improvement of Wallace multipliers using parallel prefix adders
Implementations of Scheduling and Allocation Algorithm for An Elliptic Filter
Channel Estimation in OFDM System.
Multimodal Biometric Score fusion based on Likelihood Ratio and Support vector Machine Algorithm.
Blind recognition of linear space-time block codes : A likelihood-based approach.
- A Manimaran and Aby K Thomas(2020), A Novel FFT Architecture for an Efficient Utilization of OFDM Using Adaptive FFT Method Recent Trends and Advances in Artificial Intelligence and Internet of Things Springer 137-143, Springer, Cham
- A.Manimaran, S.Parasuraman(2020), A Multistage Single Path Delay Commutator Using FFT Architecture in Wireless Communication, High Technology Letters ISSN NO : 1006-6748 Volume 26, Issue 5
- S.Parasuraman, S.Yogeeswaran,A.Manimaran(2020), Design of U-Shape Multislot Antenna for WiMAX Application Enhanced Bandwidth and Radiation, Journal of Xi’an University of Architecture & Technology ISSN No : 1006-7930 , Volume XII, Issue V, Page No: 3392
- Poorani.P , A.Lavanya , P.Shanmugam(2020) Data De-Duplication Using Frequency Based Chunking On Virtual Storage, Journal of Xi’an University of Architecture & Technology, ISSN No : 1006-7930, Volume XII, Issue V, 20
- A.Lavanya,Poorani.P,Shree tharanya.J.P(2020), 2T XOR Based Content Addressable Memory, Journal of Xi’an University of Architecture & Technology, ISSN No : 1006-7930, Volume XII, Issue IV
- A Manimaran and Aby K Thomas(2020), simulation and analysis of area, delay efficient fft architecture for OFDM applications, Journal of Xi’an University of Architecture & Technology, ISSN No : 1006-7930, Volume XII, Issue IV
- M.Gowthami,A.Lavanya(2020),An Efficient way of Killing insects in agriculture by using solor energy and smart sensors,Wutan Huatan JisuanJishu ISSN No:1001-1749,Volume XVI,Issue VII.
- S.Parasuraman and G.P.Ramesh(2019) Design and Implementation of U-Shape Microstrip Patch Antenna for Bio-Medical Application, International Journal of Advanced Science and Technology Vol. 28 No. 12
- A.Lavanya,J.P.Shri Tharanyaa,Dr.D.Sharmila(2018), Design of High Speed and Low Power Parameter Extractor On CAM Architecture Using 4T XOR Module, International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics Volume 119, 2539-2549, No. 18
- A. Arun,M. Devaraju(2018), VLSI architecture of binary encoding technique for fast motion estimation based on Hamming distances,The Journal of Supercomputing,
- K. Kannan,M. Devaraju(2018), QoS supported adaptive and multichannel MAC protocol in vehicular ad-hoc network. Received: 8 January 2018 / Revised: 8 February 2018 / Accepted: 10 February
- A. Manimaran, ABY K . Thomas(2018),Design of “32” Point Split Radix based Multipath Delay Commutator FFT Architecture for Low Power Applications, Indonesian Journal of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science 1042-1047.
- T. Perarasi, G. Nagarajan(2018),Analysis on spectrum sensing schemes for Cognitive radio networks, International Journal Of Image Mining, Vol.2 No.3/4, pp.195 – 207
- AnuPhilip,Dr.M. Devaraju (2017), Energy Efficient Floating point Based Block LU Decomposition on Large Signal Systems, International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Research. (IJSER), ISSN(online):2347-3878, paper ID: IJSER151369, Vol. 5, Issue 5, May.
- N. Prabakaran and Dr.M. Devaraju(2017), Design and Simulation Analysis of a Novel High Quality Factor Curvature Spring Micro Electronic Mechanical System Varactor, Journal of Computational and Theoritical Nanoscience. Volume 14, No 5, pp 2473–2480
- N. Prabakaran and M. Devaraju(2017), Design and Simulation Analysis of a Novel High Quality Factor Curvature Spring Micro Electronic Mechanical System Varactor, Journal of Computational and Theoritical Nanoscience, 1546-1955
- M.Mahalakshmi and M. Devaraju (2017) Multi-Iterative Thresholding Technique for Embedded Real time Image Segmentation, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 0973-4562.\
- A. Manimaran, ABY. K. Thomasb and S.K. Sudheerc(2017), Design and Implementation of an Effi cient Fft Processor using Modifi ed Booth Multiplier International Journal of Control Theory and Applications, 0974-5572.
- Arun and M. Devaraju(2017), PAPR reduction of HACO-OFDM using optical wireless communication, Journal of Computational and Theoretical Nanoscience, Vol. 14, 1210–1213,
- A.Manimaran, S.K. Sudheer and Deepanamashivayam (2016) Design and Implementation of Efficient FFT Processor For Wireless Applications,Middle East Journal of Scientific Research, ISSN 1990-9233
- Perarasi.T and Dr.G.Nagarajan(2016), Controlled Channel Sharing for Cognitive Radio Networks Australian Journal of basic and applied Sciences, Pages: 26-34
- A.Manimaran (2016) A Novel VLSI based pipelined R4 Single path Delay Commutator FFT, International Journal of Control Theory and application
- Dr. M. Sangeetha, Mrs.Vani(2012) Performance Evaluation of Motion Estimation in H.264/A VC Encoder International conference on Advance in computing and informatics PP-1249-1253.
- N. Archana, V. Janakiraman (2013) Performance evaluation of video MAC protocol in Epon Based networks,the international journal of computer science & Applications / Jan 2013
- Vani Rajamanickam and Sangeetha Marikkannan(2015), An efficient Motion Estimation Algorithm for Search point reduction in Video Coding, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research,10 (33), 26773-26780. Retrieved from www.scopus.com
- Vani Rajamanickam, Sangeetha Marikkannan and Sharmila Ganesan(2015), An Improved Motion Estimation Search Algorithm for H.264/AVC Standard, ARPN Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, 10( 6), pp. 2536-2541.
- Vani Rajamanickam, Sangeetha Marikkannan, T. Rajavelu, (2015), An Hybrid Motion Estimation Algorithm For Video Coding Standards, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, 10(2) pp. 4885-4894.
- M.Vinoth kumar, J.Gobinath, M. Sangeetha(2014), Realtime distributed wireless sensor network for monitoring smart Agricultural environment, International journal of Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 573 pp 388-393.
- R.Vani , P.Davis , M.Sangeetha(2014), Modified Cross Hexagon Diamond Search Algorithm for Fast Block Matching Motion Estimation, International Journal of Engineering and Technology, ISSN : 0975-4024, 6 (4), 1737- 1757.
- R.Vani , M.Sangeetha , P.Davis(2014) , CHDS: A Fast Search Algorithm For Motion Estimation in Video Coding Standards”, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology 65(3),606- 615.
- Sangeetha M, Vani R(2012), Study of Evaluation Metrics in Block-Based Algorithms based on H.264 Video Codec”, in European Journal of Scientific Research, 89(2), 249- 256.
- T.Perarasi, G.Nagarajan and P.Abinaya(2016), Controlled Channel Sharing for Cognitive Radio Networks Communication and Security International Conference., 263-272
- Perarasi.T, Koteeswari.S, Dr.G.Nagarajan(2016), Model for optimized Interference in Cognitive Radio Network Emerging and Recent Technology International Conference. ervices, 268-280
- R.Vani , M.Sangeetha(2012), Survey on H.264 Standard, Second International Conference on advances in Computer Science and Information Technology (CCSIT 2012),397-410 DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-27317-9.
- S.Valarmathi, R.Vani and M.Sangeetha(2012) ,Hardware Software Co-Simulation of Motion Estimation in H.264 Encoder, First International Conference on Information Technology Convergence and Services, 263-272 .
- Vani Rajamanickam, Sangeetha Marikkannan (2014), Analysis of Motion Estimation in H.264 Video Codec using Search Patterns, International Conference on Electrical, Communication and Computing, 920- 924.
- Vani Rajamanickam, Sangeetha Marikkannan (2014), Survey on Optimization in Motion Estimation for H.264 Video Codec, International Conference on Electrical, Communication and Computing, 994- 998.
- Vani Rajamanickam, P.Davis, Sangeetha Marikkannan(2014), Survey on High Efficiency Video Coding Standard, First International Conference on Knowledge Collaboration in Engineering
- J.Jai Jaganath Babu and Sudha G.F (2014),Speckle noise reduction in ultrasound images using fuzzy logic based on histogram and directional differences Proceedings IEEE International Conference communication and signal processing(ICCSP).
- Mr. A. Manimaran (2013), A Novel Approach for vehicular wireless sensor actuated network ICCIAMR, vol AB/ISBN: -978-81-924031-7-5
- T.Perarasi and Dr.G.Nagarajan (2013), Design of Control Channel in Cognitive Radio Networks, National conference on Information, Communication Systems.
- S. Valarmathil, R. Vani and M. Sangeetha(2012), Implementation of Motion Estimation in H.264 Encoder Using ARM processor , First International workshop on Signal and Image Processing. ISBN: 78-81
- Mr. V. Janakiaraman(2012), FPGA implementation of OFDM synchronization, National Conference at Mailam Engineering College. ISBN: -978-81
- Vani R. and Sangeetha M(2012), Performance Evaluation of Motion Estimation in H.264/AVC Encoder, International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication and Informatics (ICACCI’12), 1249- 1253 DOI: 10.1145/2345396.2345597
- Vani R. and Sangeetha M(2012), Hardware Software Co-Simulation of Motion Estimation in H.264 Encoder, First International Conference on Information Technology Convergence and Services, 263-272
- Vani, K. Chandramouleeswaran and M. Sangeetha(2011), Hardware/ Software Partitioning usin ARM Processor A Case Study on FIR Filter, International Conference on Biomedical Instrumentation, Engineering & Environmental Management, 147-150.
Memorandum of Understanding have been signed with the industry to encourage expert talks from industry professionals, seminars, Workshop, IV, etc., to support the students activities.
VI Micro Systems
Sree Vishnu Magnetics Limited
- Mrs.T.Perarasi, Communication Theory & Systems in the area of Communication Engineering , Scitext Publishers ,Chennai, 2012.
- Mrs.T.Perarasi, Advanced Wireless Sensing Techniques for 5G Networks ISBN 9780815378372 , CRC PRESS,2018
Chapters in Book:
Dr.R.Puvarasi,Dr.A.Manimaran and P.Solainayagi(2020),Machine learning and applications:Machine learning based Sentiment analysis ISBN:978-9386923-47-9,Ramesh Publisher